Financial Services Regulation
The financial services regulatory framework is ever-changing, and regulated firms are constantly faced with new challenges with respect to compliance monitoring.
At A.I. Kitsios LLC, we also regularly advice and assist corporations throughout the preparation and submission of applications for authorization of, amongst others, the following financial institutions:
- Cyprus Investment Firms (CIFs)
- E-money and Payment Institutions
- Investment funds and managers (AIFs/AIFMs)
- UCITS including UCITS management companies
Our firm also assists regulated firms on any aspect relating to their on-going compliance with the financial services’ legal framework and their specific regulatory obligations.
Our members have a thorough understanding in the legal and regulatory framework relating to financial services, which combined with our expertise in litigation, guarantees our clients’ high-quality representation before competent authorities and the Courts of the Republic of Cyprus.
Our lawyers provide the following services:
- Representing and advising clients during any inquiries or investigations commenced by CySEC, the Central Bank of Cyprus or any other Competent Authorities.
- Representing clients before Competent Authorities and the Administrative Court for any decisions and administrative sanctions they wish to challenge, including sanctions for breach of the provisions on insider dealing, market abuse, money laundering, market manipulation or any other related offences.
- Representing regulated entities, members of board of directors, or employees in criminal proceedings relating to cases of financial crime. Find out more about how our expert investigation lawyers can help.
- Filing actions for damages in case of loss occurred by fraudulent trading, insider dealing, market abuse, market manipulation or any other failure by corporations or their officials, to abide
by the relevant legislation.