IP, Data and Technology
A.I. Kitsios provides advice and support to businesses on the creation and registration of IP rights, including trademarks, designs and patents, as well as on the protection of other IP rights which are not registrable.
Another important part of our service is the strategic advice we provide to clients on the commercialisation and exploitation of IP assets, but also on the attractive and tax efficient Cyprus IP Regime which makes Cyprus an ideal location for businesses to establish an IP holding and development company.
We recognise that protecting and exploiting IP rights is of paramount importance to every corporation. Our expertise, long-term commitment, and ability to find creative solutions in all aspects of Intellectual Property allows us to form solid agreements reflecting the client’s needs. Our team drafts and reviews IP related agreements, which include:
- Assignment of IP
- Brand and Trademark licensing arrangements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Copyright related agreements
- Distribution and Franchise agreements
- Research and Development and Collaboration agreements
- Software development
- Software licencing
- Technology licencing
A.I. Kitsios LLC advises and represents businesses in IP disputes. Our team of experts has experience in asserting claims and applying for injunctions against infringers, as well as in defending claims of infringement involving patents, trademarks, passing-off, domain names, designs, database rights, copyrights and misappropriation of trade and business secrets.
Our team of experts represents clients in numerous cases involving IP disputes before the Court as well as the Administrative Court for matters relating to the review of decisions of the Department of Registrar of Companies and Intellectual Property.
Our team has the expertise to deliver valuable advice to businesses regarding any IP matters arising from corporate transactions, which includes IP due diligence, drafting and reviewing
transaction documents, the transferring of IP rights and the tax perspective of such arrangements.
Since the GDPR came into force, compliance with its provisions and the local legislation on personal data have become of unprecedented significance, leading processors and controllers of personal data resort to professionals to secure compliance with the Regulation.
A.I. Kitsios LLC offers a complete range of services with respect to GDPR and Data Protection, which includes:
- Advising on all aspects relating to personal data protection legal framework.
- Performing GAP analysis.
- Advising on, performing, or reviewing Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA).
- Advising clients/corporations on their personal data legislation compliance and obligations.
- Reviewing compliance with personal data legislation within the organization/corporation.
- Drafting and filing any complaints to the Commissioner for any infringement of personal data rules.
- Drafting or reviewing privacy policies and Data Processing Agreements.
Since fines imposed by competent authorities for non-compliance with personal data rules have become heftier than ever, the need to challenge decisions by competent authorities has also soared sharply.
Our advocates, have significant experience working with clients on the following matters:
- Filing complaints for infringement of personal data rules to the Commissioner.
- Representing and advising clients during inquiries or investigations commenced by the Commissioner.
- Representing clients before the Commissioner, the Administrative Court, and the Supreme Court to challenge any decision for breach of personal data legislation.
- Filing actions for damages inflicted by infringement of personal data rules.